Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Cigars and Unholiness? Anyone?

Hey Hi Hello!

On today’s episode of Interesting Stuff That Somebody Didn’t Want, the item at hand is something that is still used by a lot of people these days; while it might not be ancient enough to be of any value, I’ve never actually seen one of these before today. The box shown below is a cigar humidor, and they're designed to keep your finest cigars at just the right moisture level so that they don't rot or go stale. It’s really just a box with something called a hygrometer, that measures the atmosphere around it

Really you can put pretty much any kind of tobacco in it from what I understand, and even baseballs, as the overall water level in the ball (no matter how small) can have an effect on its performance in a game. Nothing super high tech.

This might just be too mildly interesting though, so I’m also posting some pictures of a find I had a while back. I just found it interesting enough to save, as I knew they existed but never even thought I’d see one. It’s a bible, but not one most people would like. I leafed through a couple peages, and the content is by no means anything less than R-Rated in some areas, but it’s not as morbid as I thought it would be, if I’m honest. I’ll just leave you with that.









2 comments:

  1. The cigar humidor is actually pretty interesting. I didn't realize that a device was required for keeping them at the optimal humidity. I guess it likely exists for those that take their cigars super seriously. Interesting note about the baseballs though, I didn't know about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formatting is all fixed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete