Wednesday, May 1, 2019

THE END IS NIGH

boy howdy

The semester is coming to an end for the summer, and I think it's plausible for me to say that everyone here is facing the big crunch that comes with it. For myself, that means finishing up the aluminum-cast turtle for an art show this friday at the Studios on Sheridan near BU. On top of that, there's a website that needs finished for all of my graphic design work, which will be in a show the same day as my sculpture show (how it'll work I don't know, but I'll burn that bridge when I get there).

Since I'm not at work this week because of the massive workload I have between now and Friday, I'll give y'all a progress update on what I've been doing. My portfolio and print pieces from the last few semesters here for my graphic design show have all been finished and are on display until the reception this friday at the Prairie Center for the Arts in Peoria, and so are all the projects done by my classmates (what a load off this was, let me tell you). Having to do that on top of my sculpture projects has been a nightmare, to put it delicately. However, that's not to say I don't live for this stuff. 

Because of my course load I've had to put things off at times to finish up other things for other deadlines, but when the last deadline is the end of the semester that leaves no time at all to procrastinate. These last 6-10 days have been going on upwards of 16 hours each in an attempt to get everything finished, but in my experience hard work never fails to pay off and I don't see it doing any different now so long as all my ducks stay in a row. 

In the pictures below you can see my aluminum turtle being pieced together, as well as the complex pieces my classmates are doing. Large scale seems to be a recurring theme this semester, and while mine is on the smaller side of large-scale I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. I'd love to show more pictures this time around, but NO SPOILERS. 

Also time for a shameless self plug, 

COME SEE US THIS FRIDAY

Prairie Center for the Arts: Student Graphic Design Show
1506 SW Washington St, Peoria, IL 61602
May 3, 6-8pm

Studios on Sheridan: Student Sculpture Exhibition
Sunbeam Building 929 N Sheridan Rd
May 3, 5-9pm

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS, HUMANS

Until Next Time






No comments:

Post a Comment