Wednesday, April 24, 2019

chaotic neutral

hey everyone

this week i'm back at school instead of securing the bag, which is for the better in this case. These last few weeks of the semester are getting to be a crunch and honestly I don't have time for anything except schoolwork at this point. That being said, I've been cranking out my graphic design portfolio over the last week or so. Even though it's due Monday and I'm not nearly as far along as I'd like to be it has been going better than I expected. 

I'd be lying if I said due dates weren't making me lose it a little, but that's another story. My sculpture pieces that I mentioned last week are less complete than I'd like them to be, and I've had to cut two of my 3 pieces related to the original concept. This is only because the one piece I've been pouring my time into (the turtle) is going to end up big enough to make up for 2 of my 3 pieces. I'll also have my cast-iron piece that I made during my trip to SLOSS, and all that needs done there is to clean it up. My turtle's shell is partly cast in aluminum, and I would attach pictures but it was still ~300˚F when I tried to pick it up (that felt nice).

The other half of my shell casing developed a crack when it was being hardened, so it's going into surgery tomorrow as soon as possible, and I'll be casting it and all of the turtle's limbs in aluminum the same day hopefully. After that it's just cutting and cleaning (assuming all goes well). I hope my rambling made sense to some of you, it's kinda therapeutic at this point.

Good luck to everyone in the same boat. Until next time
I'll throw some pictures up of the turtle once it's cooled off if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment